Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Spring is finally here

Bellingham Bay
Since I didn't get a chance to go outside on Saturday, I decided to take a nice walk in the filtered sunshine on Sunday. It was partly cloudy for most of the day, but it wasn't raining, so I was so happy to head out to Boulevard Park after quaffing some coffee. I saw these paddlers out there, along with someone who looked like he/she was walking on the water. I checked it out online, of course, and found that it's called standup paddleboarding. See the person right behind the boat in the middle?
From Astronomy Picture of the Day
Yesterday, for the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, Astronomy Picture of the Day put up this fine capture taken by Alyn Wallace in Iceland earlier this month. It's fabulous, isn't it? Just wanted to share it with some friends.
:-)

15 comments:

  1. LOVE that picture. Truly awe inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible Northern lights! Yay for spring! We are scheduled for a blizzard tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! thanks for sharing DJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first warm spell in spring is most pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the Aurora Borealis someday. I understand you have to be way up north to see it. Yay for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never experienced the Northern lights. Something to look forward to I guess. Although, I'm a morning person so chances are slim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That northern lights photo is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah ha, I see a new sport for you to try. That picture is beautiful. I saw a bit of them when I was a child. Amazing light show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our son and his family have paddle boards - they use them on lakes near their home here in CO. We also see them in the ocean when we go to CA. More snow due here this week, so I guess it's not spring for us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It may be spring, but we still have snow on the ground here in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the second photo with the unusual lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Norther Lights are stunning!
    We have watched the paddleboarders, it takes some balance! :) Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow...I thought the photo of the northern lights was what YOU saw on one of your hikes! Breathtaking; glad you shared the image. We saw them once in Colorado....and many times when in South Dakota where my dad once lived...it's something to actually witness first hand.

    There is one single guy that does this paddle boarding on one of the channels here just outside of town...looks like GREAT exercise.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! If you see a word verification box here, just ignore it. I don't use the darn thing and Blogger is trying to get us to use it, I guess. Ignore it and your comment will still appear.